Monday, February 8, 2010

No pics today, sorry.
I worked last night from noon to 10 and got home around 11:30 and had to be up this morning at 3:00 am to get the bus to my venue so I could be there for my 5:30 am start.

Today was lockdown day, all venues become secure and "clean" and after that you need to go through massive security every time you go in, employees, althletes, press and everybody else.

At 6:15, 450 police and army showed up for breakfast, they were not supposed to be there until 7 so we were not ready. Pressure is cooking for 450 people armed with assault rifles and guns.

Today starts the ultra security that will exist through the end of the olympics. There are police everywhere and it is going to get more intense as the week goes on. I am starting to see althetes dressed in their countries uniforms walking around our venue and through the village. I have know idea who they were but I saw cross country skiiers from Estonia and Finland and in the village I have seen groups of British, American, Russian and Swedish althletes walking around.

In the tent that I serve to they have about 16 large flat screen TV's and whenever I go in there to eat or check on things I see the commercials for the Olympics on TV and I smile to myself everytime and say holy ***** I am actually here at an Olympics. Yesterday and today you can really start to feel the electricity in the air and the buzz when you are out and about, it is soooo cool. I miss my wife and kids a lot as well as everyone else, but with every hour I spend here I know I made the right decision to come out here and do this, the feeling here is incredible.

I work tomorow night and then I have my first days off ( Wednesday and Thursday ) and i may try skiing one of those days.

Hopefully I will have some pics tommorow.


Click here to view our Facebook page and please friend us

Click here to view our Twitter page and please re-tweet us

Click here to view the official DRJ Catering website

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun!! You better keep the police and Army HAPPY!! ;-)
    Enjoy!!
    Tim C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying reading about your adventures!
    JewelsQ

    ReplyDelete