Tuesday, February 16, 2010







































The above pictures are of the peak to peak gondola as well as a view of the crossing. A picture of my wife with a Mountie as well as with a Canadian Luger, I do not know his name but he had the best finish ever in Luge by a Canadian (7th I think). And then some view from the top of the mountain, there are much more pics on the Picassa site, link is below.


I am working on getting some videos up but the internet in my condo is out and I have to go to starbucks to log in, so I apologoze for the delay. I am off Wednesday and Thursday and am going to a local hotel to use the internet for the day so I should be able to put some on in the next few days.

We went skiing on Sunday and it was incredible, took the gondola to what we thought was the top and then took another chairlift to the real top. The top is 8,000 feet and is a glacier above treeline. We had the most incredible view from the top, pictures really do it no justice, every turn was nicer scenery. Then we took the "peak to peak" gondola from Whistler Montain to Blackcomb Mountain and holy ******, check out the pictures and you will see what I mean. This was the most incredible skiing we have ever done, I can not wait to go again.


As we were walking through the village we met and talked to the relatives of Megan Sweeney who is a USA Luger. So go Megan!!!!!!!!

We also went to see the "fire and ice" show at the base of the mountain where they have skiiers and snowboarders doing tricks, it started later then we thought so we walked around the village a bit. I got in line to buy tickets for the womans 4 person bobsled gold medal round and while I was waiting my wife was given 2 tickets for the medal celebrations that night, so we got to see the American receive his medal in Nordic Combined live as well as seeing Appolo Ono on the bigscreen from Vancouver get his silver medal, again very cool.


Well my wife left very, very early monday morning and again the trip home was another ordeal, missed connections and wrong trains, but even with all the trials and tribulations it was a great weekend with her, an experience of a lifetime spending some time at the olympics.

I worked yesterday and other then that it was an uneventfull day, same thing today. I am off the next 2 days after today and may have an in for some USA Mens hockey tickets for Wednesday in Vancouver, keep your fingers crossed.

I do have a bunch of new pics up so check them out. http://picasaweb.google.com/pieshops1/UntitledAlbum

No comments:

Post a Comment