Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hockey Baby







Today was a long but unbelievable day. Got up at 4 am to get a 5:00 bus to Vancouver, arrived at 8, and took a walk and found the olympic flame, it was very cool to see. While wondering decided to go and have some breakfast and found myself in the same mall food court we ate at years ago when we cruised to Alaska from Vancouver, very weird, brought back a lot of good memories.
I then walked about 45 minutes to meet the man I contacted on craigs list to purchase my hockey ticket, we exchanged cash for ticket and I was on my way.

I got to the arena around 10 for a noon game and just walked around and took it all in. The game was what I expected it to be and so much more, it really makes you patriotic to see all the red, white and blue and USA gear, there were a few Norwegian fans there and added to the Canadians who were rooting for Norway just because, the crowd was split about 60/40 for the USA.
The game was more or less a blowout, the USA won 6-1, but I am so glad I went to this game, my seats were 10 rows off the ice and I got some great pics and you can check them all out at http://picasaweb.google.com/pieshops1/HockeyVancouver .
After the game I boarded a 4:00 bus back to Whistler and arrived around 7:30 just in time to watch the end of the Canada - Switzerland game ( which was right after the USA game). What a game, Canada won 3-2 in a shootout. So now we just wait for the showdown on Sunday for the USA - Canada game, the winner I think gets a bye in the next round, it will be an exciting day.

There is not much happening in the next few days so I may not post anything but I will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment