Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pig Roast Catering Job






This was one of the first big catering jobs of the season and the weather continued right where it ended last year, rain.

The occasion was a communion and it was for 80 guests.

The menu consisted of a Whole roasted pig, Italian marinated grilled boneless chicken breast, hot dogs, baby back ribs, baked beans, red skin potato salad, fruit salad and assorted cookies for dessert.

I decided to attempt smoking the ribs for the first time. I used a combination of Hickory and Mesquite wood and my secret dry rub. I amoked them for 4 hours and they came out soooooo good, moist, smokey and good.

The crew was myself, Michelle and Jeff, my wife was also there since the racetrack where we have a concession stand on Sundays was rained out.

The party went great, they loved the food especially the ribs and were very happy. Another job well done. The only interesting thing was when my wife set off the house alarm (the customers were at church) trying to get into the house from the garage for the restroom. The poice arrived just as the customer did. It was a bit embarassing but they were fine with it.

I have posted some pictures. There are more at our facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/drjcatering.

Click here to view our Facebook fan page and please become a fan

Click here to view our Twitter page and please re-tweet us

Click here to view the official DRJ Catering website

No comments:

Post a Comment